The Rally is just 2 days away so here’s a checklist of all the documentation and important things you MUST take with you.
- Driving licence (if you have an old style paper licence, you will need a European driving permit)
- A copy of your DVLA Driver Record. You can get this from
- A licence check code. You can get this from
- Vehicle registration document (V5C or VE103)
- MOT certificate
- Motor Insurance Certificate
- Travel Insurance
- European Health Card (EHIC). You can apply for one online at
- Breakdown and repatriation cover
- Permission to drive letter. If you are not the registered owner of the car you are driving, you will need a letter from the registered owner giving you permission to drive.
- Register for the Dartford Crossing in advance via
- GB stickers – we can provide these if needed
- Headlamp converters – these are a must and can be purchased at Dover or on the Ferry
- Warning triangles
- Reflective jackets – you will need one for each passenger and must be carried in the passenger compartment of the car
- Replacement bulb kits
- First aid kits – we recommend you have one in your car and Matt Yates is our qualified first aider
- Breathalyzer kits – 1 per car will be supplied
- Credit cards – please let you credit card provider know you will be travelling and bear in mind not all petrol stations will accept UK issued cards
- Cash! Fines can be issued on the spot and the amount can vary so I recommend carrying some cash with you. If not, you may have an embarrasing escort journey to the ATM
- Drink driving – limits are lower and penalties are severe!
- Forget to take photos on your journey – please send all your photos to Bijal Dattani (firstname.lastname@example.org). The funnier, the better! 🙂