You have probably all heard about this in the press, if not here are some of the facts as of this afternoon:
- About 50% of all petrol stations in France (that’s about 5000) are reporting that they have partial or total shortages of fuel.
- The shortages have been caused by striking refinery workers and blockades at 6 of the 8 refineries in France.
- French riot police have been ordered in today to open up refineries and reports this afternoon are that things are improving.
- The French government wants the situation resolved especially with the upcoming European Football.
- Northern France and Paris appear to be the worst affected areas.
I have found this great interactive map that shows the current status.
So, fingers crossed all will be back to normal in a few weeks when we start our journey!
Finally, just a reminder about carrying extra fuel on the ferry (in jerry cans) P&O do not allow cans to be carried either full or empty.